quesIn laws harassing for dowry, How to claim back dowry?

My husband and his parents are started harassing after the few months of marriage for dowry. Then they given complaint in police station but the matter is not solved and then he send me the divorce letter through advocate as per Muslim law since we are Muslims. Now how can i get my dowry back and how can get my maintenance rights. He has taken the anticipatory bail also to secure himself.

• ansSince you have been harassed in relation to dowry you may file a case for dowry harassment against your husband and his parents. Demand of dowry is an offense punishable under the law.

In order to recover your articles you need to move the court and file a case for recovery of stridhan. However, you will be required to submit any proof of articles being given by you to them.

Whereas, for maintenance you may file a case under Domestic Violence Act seeking financial support from your husband along with under Section 125 of Cr.P.C.