In laws harassing for dowry, How to claim back dowry?
My husband and his parents are started harassing after the few months of marriage for dowry. Then they given complaint in police station but the matter is not solved and then he send me the divorce letter through advocate as per Muslim law since we are Muslims. Now how can i get my dowry back and how can get my maintenance rights. He has taken the anticipatory bail also to secure himself.
Since you have been harassed in relation to dowry you may file a case for dowry harassment against your husband and his parents. Demand of dowry is an offense punishable under the law.
In order to recover your articles you need to move the court and file a case for recovery of stridhan. However, you will be required to submit any proof of articles being given by you to them.
Whereas, for maintenance you may file a case under Domestic Violence Act seeking financial support from your husband along with under Section 125 of Cr.P.C.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- land acquisition in Palwal (Haryana) without notification by govt.
- Other board members not allowing me to be a part of board meetings
- Amount of rent which can be recovered by the landlord
- Is it compulsory to be present before court in mutual divorce case
- RTI document valid as legal evidence or not?