In laws forged document on girl's behalf. How to get her rights back?
My sister's in-laws forged against her. They signed all documents on her behalf and at that time she was in a confused mood because her in laws were mistreating her and used violence against her. Now she wants to fight against them in the court.
Please suggest all possible ways to fight court case against her in laws, she wants her daughter & all her rights back from them. She used to live with her husband and her in laws and they had also forced her to get an abortion done recently.
Firstly, your sister must register an FIR in the nearest police station against her husband and in-laws for domestic violence under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code and also under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act before the Crime Against Women Cell. This is with respect to the domestic violence your sister is being subjected to.
Thereafter, she can initiate a Complaint Case in the Court under the Domestic Violence Act against her husband and in-laws for police protection, retraining order and monetary relief (maintenance / alimony and stridhan).
Also, she must file a petition for the custody of the child and maintenance under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
With respect to the forced abortion: Forced abortion is a punishable offence and it comes under the ambit of Section 17 of Pre Conceptional, Pre Natal Diagnostic Technique Act (PCPNDT Act). Your sister can register an FIR under this section against her husband and in-laws.
In case she wants a Divorce, she can file the petition for Divorce on the grounds of cruelty enshrined under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Competitors wrongly accused me of selling duplicate oil can I sue
- Death of employee on site will employer be liable for the same?
- Notice period mentioned in rental agreement.
- Signatures taken by fraud on property papers what to do
- Took a laptop from a friend and could not return