in-laws forcing for divorce
I and my husband are having some trouble in our marriage, which is getting closer to divorce.We are staying separately. I wanted a reconciliation , but he and his family are adamant for divorce. They are forcing me for getting divorce. I even called my husband to talk but his mother received the call and never lets him talk to me. On insistence she threatened me. She would not let me have any contact with my husband. I wanted to ask what are my options regarding- communicating with my husband, Stopping my in laws from not letting me talk to my husband. and stopping this divorce.
You can file complaint of domestic violence against your mother in law and others . In the said complaint seek right to stay in matrimonial home. You can also seek maintenance, compensation for mental harassment which is undergone by you. If your husband files for divorce you can refuse to give him the divorce.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Marriage done against parents wish. Now FIR filed against me. Remedy?
- Wife is earning, how to get proof for the same for maintenance case?
- regarding loan and Agreement for Sale
- Land given as collateral security to bank. Bank asking to convert land
- Wife left me and now sending maintenance notice what action can i take