quesIf file for divorce can husband ask for maintenance?

Currently me and my husband are living separately and haven't filed for divorce. My salary is 3 times higher than my husband. If I file divorce can my husband claim Maintenance? Also if I purchase any property will it be considered as marital asset? Can my husband claim property owned by me and my shares?

  • ansIf you file for divorce your husband can claim maintenance. However, the mere fact that u earn 3 times his salary is not a ground on which he can succeed in getting the maintenance. He has to show that he needs financial support for his survival.

    Neither you nor your husband have any right in the property purchased by the other. So any property purchased by you will not be treated as a marital asset.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

i have filed divorce petition on the ground of cruelty & adulatory, the date for…
Hello i want to ask abt decree..when will I get my divorce decree from final…

My Daughter in law left our house 7 years back and she took all the…

can i get divorce after one month of marriage

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly