If file for divorce can husband ask for maintenance?
Currently me and my husband are living separately and haven't filed for divorce. My salary is 3 times higher than my husband. If I file divorce can my husband claim Maintenance? Also if I purchase any property will it be considered as marital asset? Can my husband claim property owned by me and my shares?
If you file for divorce your husband can claim maintenance. However, the mere fact that u earn 3 times his salary is not a ground on which he can succeed in getting the maintenance. He has to show that he needs financial support for his survival.
Neither you nor your husband have any right in the property purchased by the other. So any property purchased by you will not be treated as a marital asset.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we buy land if its nature is mafi inam land
- Division of land after the death of mother
- Mental harassment by wife how to file for divorce
- Wife's family trying to create problems among us - What can be done
- What action can i take against family if they are forcing for marriage