×

quesIf file for divorce can husband ask for maintenance?

Currently me and my husband are living separately and haven't filed for divorce. My salary is 3 times higher than my husband. If I file divorce can my husband claim Maintenance? Also if I purchase any property will it be considered as marital asset? Can my husband claim property owned by me and my shares?

• ansIf you file for divorce your husband can claim maintenance. However, the mere fact that u earn 3 times his salary is not a ground on which he can succeed in getting the maintenance. He has to show that he needs financial support for his survival.

Neither you nor your husband have any right in the property purchased by the other. So any property purchased by you will not be treated as a marital asset.