quesI want to divorce as well as my child's custody. How can i proceed?

We are married for 5yrs and we have two years old son ,we fight almost everyday ,he doesn't give time to me and my son he works in night shifts and doesn't want to change that either , he has started keeping secracy,even on weekends he goes to office ... In these 5years he forced me to abort thrice and at the time of my son.. He wanted me to do it again .. Bt I fought and told this to his parents.he spends his entire day in sleeping gyming and office,we don't share any emotional and physical relationship ,till now for my son's sake I didn't take any action but now I feel suffocated.Pls advice

• ansYou can seek divorce as well as custody of your child from the court. Depending upon the nature of your relationship and how strongly you want to proceed with it a lawyer will be able to advise you better. Forcing a woman to get abortion is a penal offence as well. So you may take police action as well as divorce proceedings.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansMadam, even though it's difficult to explain your options in writing, broadly speaking in your situation petitions for divorce and maintenance seem to be the appropriate action besides others. Keep your child with you and let your husband file for custody if at all and you may contest the same

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansin present circumstance we advice you to file criminal complaint against your husband for compeling you to abort child thrice during 5 years of your married life and the torture you face during this period. beside file divorce petion before the court and the child will remain with the mother if the child is under age.

Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

District Court, Dwarka, Delhi