I think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?
I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him? .
Assuming you are Hindus,
Llack of sexual intercourse can tantamount to mental cruelty and is a ground for divorce. You can file a case for divorce against him under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.
Now regarding maintenance,
An application for maintenance can be filed under section 125 of Cr.P.C.
As per duty it is the duty of the husband to mantain wife and children.
Impotency or non fullfillment of marital obligation is a ground of divorce and you shall be entitled for maintenance etc.
Advocate M S HussainDistrict Court, Saket, Delhi
Is it a case where you are confirm that your husband is gay,only by suspicion you cannot get any relief ,however if you wish to get an divorce you have a good case since your marriage is not consummated .
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
In fact, lack of sexual intercourse can tantamount to mental cruelty and is a ground for divorce. You can file a case for divorce against him. As far as getting something out of him is concerned, that can only be answered once the details of your husband are with me.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
You could file for divorce and seek maintenance etc.
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheating with respect to property what will be the punishment
- Father given all rights to second wife and their children what to do
- Can daughters claim share in mother's property
- Misuse of section 376/2(f) and false case filed
- under age marriage after running out with a girl