quesI think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?

I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him? .

• ansAssuming you are Hindus,

Llack of sexual intercourse can tantamount to mental cruelty and is a ground for divorce. You can file a case for divorce against him under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Now regarding maintenance,

An application for maintenance can be filed under section 125 of Cr.P.C.

As per duty it is the duty of the husband to mantain wife and children.

• ansImpotency or non fullfillment of marital obligation is a ground of divorce and you shall be entitled for maintenance etc.

Advocate M S Hussain

District Court, Saket, Delhi

• ansIs it a case where you are confirm that your husband is gay,only by suspicion you cannot get any relief ,however if you wish to get an divorce you have a good case since your marriage is not consummated .

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansIn fact, lack of sexual intercourse can tantamount to mental cruelty and is a ground for divorce. You can file a case for divorce against him. As far as getting something out of him is concerned, that can only be answered once the details of your husband are with me.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansYou could file for divorce and seek maintenance etc.

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi