×

quesI think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?

I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him?

In your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty.

As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare.

• ansFile a divorce petition

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

• ansMadam, in your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty. As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansThere's a specific provision under Hindu Marriage Act for Divorce on this ground. Facts required to give professional advice.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi