I think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?
I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him?
In your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty.
As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare.
File a divorce petition
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
Madam, in your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty. As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
There's a specific provision under Hindu Marriage Act for Divorce on this ground. Facts required to give professional advice.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Validity of inter religion marriage if not registered
- How to cancel registered partition deed, please suggest the procedure.
- Does a girl have right in her in-laws property, if husband has none?
- What is the procedure for filing for Divorce
- How to claim maintenance from husband in case of divorce