I think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?
I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him?
In your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty.
As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare.
File a divorce petition
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
Madam, in your situation you can file for divorce on grounds of non-consummation of marriage being within the purview of cruelty. As for the rights against your husband you have various rights such as maintenance, residency etc. under various statutes enacted for women's welfare
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
There's a specific provision under Hindu Marriage Act for Divorce on this ground. Facts required to give professional advice.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can i vacate my tenants before the Agreement expires?
- Couple not living together for 3 years. Is divorce possible?
- Is the financial ability of a person required to prove in 138 case
- I want to change my name in CBSE certificate
- what is the procedure to get legal heir certificate