I need divorce against my parent's consent, I got married 4 months ago
I got married 4 months ago. My husband and in laws are ready for the divorce but my parents are not agreeing for it. How can I go for a Divorce?
As we understand your situation, both you and your husband want a mutual divorce.
Both you and your husband can file for a mutual divorce under section 13 B of the Hindu Marriage Act. However such a petition for dissolution of marriage can be presented to the district court by you and your husband, on the ground that you have been living separately for a minimum period of one year and that you have not been able to live together and that you have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved. Since a period of 1 year has not yet passed, you need to wait before you file the petition.
Also, till the time you and your husband are willing to separate, you don't need your parent's consent.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Settling final amount with money lender
- Wife left home how can I call her back to matrimonial home
- compensation for land acquisition
- Can i file a case for pending 11 months salary and relieving letter?
- How to resell my property after taking biyana (token money) only