quesI am not working can I demand for alimony from my husband

I want to divorce from my husband,we are married since January 2015, I am not working can I demand for alimony. Please guide

  • ansyes very much... if you are hindu..6 month time will be given after filing an application of separation and after 6 months you will get divorce . you can also file your case for maintenance under 125 crpc and also domestic violence act..

    Advocate Dhananjay Srivastava

      Indra Nagar, Lucknow

  • ansDivorce ka kya karan hai. How many baby. Which type family. What are doing your husband. Aur kon kon log hai family mai. Aap ki kis baat pr nahi ban rahi family ke logo se. Pls contact us associates. Then

    Advocate Ranpal Awana

      Surajpur, Greater Noida

  • ansYes. You can demand alimony from your husband. Normally Court decides the alimony on the basis of the income of the husband and the properties he do have. Court can award one time alimony in lump sum.

    Advocate Anurag Garg

      Indirapuram, Ghaziabad

  • ansSure you can. You have to file a section 125 application for maintenance before an appropriate court and based on facts and circumstances, an appropriate order for maintenance shall be passed. Each case is decided on case to case basis.

    Advocate Kawaljit Singh Bhatia

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansYes your husband is liable to give you permanent alimony or maintenance in case you are seeking divorce from your husband and if you are not working or do not have any source of income to support your living.

    Advocate Nitin Chopra

      Sukriti Vihar Colony, Allahabad

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

bogus allegation against husband and living with her parents after marriage. religion hindu
What kind of evidences does court usually accept as a proof that wife can sustain…
I got married in temple on Feb 2016. After marriage my hubby consoled me and…

My wife wants a divorce and I want to stay with my wife and daughter.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly