I am not working can I demand for alimony from my husband
I want to divorce from my husband,we are married since January 2015, I am not working can I demand for alimony. Please guide
yes very much... if you are hindu..6 month time will be given after filing an application of separation and after 6 months you will get divorce . you can also file your case for maintenance under 125 crpc and also domestic violence act..
Advocate Dhananjay SrivastavaIndra Nagar, Lucknow
Divorce ka kya karan hai. How many baby. Which type family. What are doing your husband. Aur kon kon log hai family mai. Aap ki kis baat pr nahi ban rahi family ke logo se. Pls contact us associates. Then
Advocate Ranpal AwanaSurajpur, Greater Noida
Yes. You can demand alimony from your husband. Normally Court decides the alimony on the basis of the income of the husband and the properties he do have. Court can award one time alimony in lump sum.
Advocate Anurag GargIndirapuram, Ghaziabad
Sure you can. You have to file a section 125 application for maintenance before an appropriate court and based on facts and circumstances, an appropriate order for maintenance shall be passed. Each case is decided on case to case basis.
Advocate Kawaljit Singh BhatiaSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Yes your husband is liable to give you permanent alimony or maintenance in case you are seeking divorce from your husband and if you are not working or do not have any source of income to support your living.
Advocate Nitin ChopraSukriti Vihar Colony, Allahabad
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Where can i apply for bail for a false case filed against me.
- Land usage unclarity whether industrial or residential
- How to file for divorce on grounds of torture
- Can the plaintiff be recognized as legal heir of deceased
- Does family compromise decree need to be registered