quesI am not working can I demand for alimony from my husband

I want to divorce from my husband,we are married since January 2015, I am not working can I demand for alimony. Please guide

• ansyes very much... if you are hindu..6 month time will be given after filing an application of separation and after 6 months you will get divorce . you can also file your case for maintenance under 125 crpc and also domestic violence act..

Advocate Dhananjay Srivastava

Indra Nagar, Lucknow

• ansDivorce ka kya karan hai. How many baby. Which type family. What are doing your husband. Aur kon kon log hai family mai. Aap ki kis baat pr nahi ban rahi family ke logo se. Pls contact us associates. Then

Advocate Ranpal Awana

Surajpur, Greater Noida

• ansYes. You can demand alimony from your husband. Normally Court decides the alimony on the basis of the income of the husband and the properties he do have. Court can award one time alimony in lump sum.

Advocate Anurag Garg

Indirapuram, Ghaziabad

• ansSure you can. You have to file a section 125 application for maintenance before an appropriate court and based on facts and circumstances, an appropriate order for maintenance shall be passed. Each case is decided on case to case basis.

Advocate Kawaljit Singh Bhatia

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansYes your husband is liable to give you permanent alimony or maintenance in case you are seeking divorce from your husband and if you are not working or do not have any source of income to support your living.

Advocate Nitin Chopra

Sukriti Vihar Colony, Allahabad