quesI am a foreigner.Can husband claim share in my property after divorce?

I am a foreigner and am married to an Indian. I can see that we are heading for a divorce.

Now my query is that can my husband claim any share in my property.

  • ans

    As per Indian law, no your husband cannot claim share in your property which is situated in foreign. 

    If you are planning to divorce we would also like to suggest you that you should file for mutual divorce as it would be easier and consume less time.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

What should I do for the Annulment of my marriage? What is the difference between Divorce…

I and my wife are thinking of divorce with mutual agreement. Her parent are not…
Hubby keeps blaming me for not treating MIL well. Keeps flaring on little things. Siblings…

I am an NRI and stay with my wife out of India. We are unable…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly