quesHusband wants divorce, wife has an extra marital affair

If 7 year married women have a relationship with another person and she caught by her husband. Can husband take legal action against her. And can take divorce from her easily. We have all phone records but we don't have photo proof and the person we know where she have relation . But when we caught him with her boyfriend in the morning in other boy bedroom in my house. Other man run away on that time .He visited my house very often because of business . We inform to girl family . And the girl family came to my house and take her . On that time they were not supporting their daughter and they were agree for the divorce . But after two to three days they were threatened us they are going to police . Because we think the girl is telling them wrong story to save herself. We are very reputable family.

• ansCase of adultery can be filed against the paramour of wife but no case of criminal nature can be filed against the wife. The adultery charges u/s 497 IPC is very hard to prove as nothing less than actual act of sexual intercourse is required to be proved. However the affair of wife ion the basis of documentary evidence is enough to claim for divorce and possibly to get it. Do not cower under threat and file the suit for divorce at once to nullify the charges the wife may bring against the husband.