quesHusband wants divorce, wife doesn't.

I'm married for almost 4 yrs now and i have 2yr old son. i'm doing a job and till i came to delivery i was paying 80% of salary to husband in cash(he forced me for it). i went my mom's place for baby's delivery.After my son was born, both the families had some fight and then on phone my husband abused me telling i should leave the job and should come back and not meet my parents again else he will hit me with shoes.

When i refused his parents went to our relatives giving all false info about me. i sent a email to my husband telling abt how much i hve spent on him as i was giving 80% of my salary cash to him and bearing my expenses on my own.He consulted a lawyer and replied tellin that i hve never given any money to him and he has spent a lot counting even the food cost which he spent on me.i replied back that since he lied i'm not going to address him further on this.Now almost after 2 yrs his uncle called me to take back all my things frm his house as they r goin to shift the house and also asked to give mutual consent divorce,but my dad refused.he still has to give my gold jwellery for which his uncle will contact in 1-2 weeks. i want to know what steps he can take against me and what precautions i should take? I don't want to give divorce.

  • ansYour husband has the right to file for divorce at any time. As and when he files for divorce you may contest his case fittingly through your lawyer. The outcome of no judicial proceeding can ever be predicted, so it will not be wise to foretell as to whether he will succeed in getting divorce or not. You have abundant rights under the law. It is your prerogative as to which of those rights you wish to enforce through the process of court.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My divorce has been signed in the court on 16/08/2016. I am yet to receive…
I am having tough time with my husband from last 2 years and when I…
I have done court marriage last year in August. Nut my wife dosen't live with…
meri 2014 me court marriage haui. mere husband mujhe physcially marta hai. and mujhe abuse…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off