Husband wants divorce, wife doesn't.
I'm married for almost 4 yrs now and i have 2yr old son. i'm doing a job and till i came to delivery i was paying 80% of salary to husband in cash(he forced me for it). i went my mom's place for baby's delivery.After my son was born, both the families had some fight and then on phone my husband abused me telling i should leave the job and should come back and not meet my parents again else he will hit me with shoes.
When i refused his parents went to our relatives giving all false info about me. i sent a email to my husband telling abt how much i hve spent on him as i was giving 80% of my salary cash to him and bearing my expenses on my own.He consulted a lawyer and replied tellin that i hve never given any money to him and he has spent a lot counting even the food cost which he spent on me.i replied back that since he lied i'm not going to address him further on this.Now almost after 2 yrs his uncle called me to take back all my things frm his house as they r goin to shift the house and also asked to give mutual consent divorce,but my dad refused.he still has to give my gold jwellery for which his uncle will contact in 1-2 weeks. i want to know what steps he can take against me and what precautions i should take? I don't want to give divorce.
Your husband has the right to file for divorce at any time. As and when he files for divorce you may contest his case fittingly through your lawyer. The outcome of no judicial proceeding can ever be predicted, so it will not be wise to foretell as to whether he will succeed in getting divorce or not. You have abundant rights under the law. It is your prerogative as to which of those rights you wish to enforce through the process of court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Someone registered the land in his name by fraud what can I do
- Sexual harassment by colleague after work hours
- Can a grandson claim a share in the property of his grandparents
- Can my bua's son marry my sisters daughter?
- Is divorce possible after 2 month? What all documents required for it?