Husband wants divorce. How to prevent him from getting divorce?
Can I somehow get my husband to come and stay with me in case he has left our home and wants to file a divorce? I got married in Feb 2011 and it was a love marriage, but was accepted by both the families. We had small disagreements, but we were happy otherwise.
My husband has recently left our home with marriage certificate and other documents to file for a divorce. However, I don't want a Divorce as I love him. What should I do?
First of all wait and watch. Try speaking to your husband and resolve issue amicably. If same fails, the option available with you is to file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955(assuming you are a Hindu).
Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:
Section 9. Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
Hence this is a legal way wherein court will direct your husband to stay with you.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- We filed for mutual divorce but wife did not appear
- Judgment passed by bench, but not recorded. Bench changed. What to do?
- Divorce papers received from husband living in USA married in india
- GPA holder harassing for money for second registry
- Mother's sisters harassing her what legal can we take