husband wants divorce but not me. He has an affair. What to do?
I'm married for 11 years husband is having an extra marital affair in office for 1 year and now he wants divorce. But I want to workout on our differences. Can he still file for divorce or what legal actions can he take?
Your husband can alone file a Divorce Petition arraying you as a Respondent in the said Petition.
But he has to fight for a long time since you do not wish to give a divorce to him. It will be a contesting Divorce Petition.
Reconciliation can be worked out if both of you get proper counselling.
If reconciliation doesn't work, you will have legal options to protect yourself.
Please feel free to contact for advice and mediation.
Advocate Sandeep HegdeRajajinagar, Bangalore
Your husband can alone file a Divorce Petition arraying you as a Respondent in the said Petition. But he has to fight for a long time since you do not wish to give a divorce to him. It will be a contesting Divorce Petition.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- ?Should a will be attested by a doctor, it the testator is 82 years
- Owner purchased property by two sale deed how to buy such property
- Whereabouts of ex husband unknown can i remarry now
- Credit card dues in UAE bank agents harassing me
- Wife and her family harassing filed false DV case