queshusband wants divorce but not me. He has an affair. What to do?

I'm married for 11 years husband is having an extra marital affair in office for 1 year and now he wants divorce. But I want to workout on our differences. Can he still file for divorce or what legal actions can he take?

• ansYour husband can alone file a Divorce Petition arraying you as a Respondent in the said Petition.

But he has to fight for a long time since you do not wish to give a divorce to him. It will be a contesting Divorce Petition.

• ansReconciliation can be worked out if both of you get proper counselling.

If reconciliation doesn't work, you will have legal options to protect yourself.

Please feel free to contact for advice and mediation.

Advocate Sandeep Hegde

Rajajinagar, Bangalore

• ansYour husband can alone file a Divorce Petition arraying you as a Respondent in the said Petition. But he has to fight for a long time since you do not wish to give a divorce to him. It will be a contesting Divorce Petition.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore