husband wanting to divorce as wife refuses to return
I want to take divorce from my wife who is not staying with me for 11 months. She is more interested to stay with her parents. She is not willing to give mutual divorce. So what should I do? We have one girl child. Can I go on character ground? Please advise.
You have not mentioned when did you get married ? and if you have been married for more than a year you can file for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty. You can file a divorce suit before district court against your wife on cruelty ground mentioned u/s 13 (1) (ia) of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
However please note that contested divorce petitions take some years to be disposed of.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we use content produced by one manufacturer in our website
- What are the ground for divorce? No trust between us.
- Boy promised to marry then later refused can I take any legal action
- One clause in contract restrict me to do same job in future
- Documents required for marriage registration for a foreigner