husband took away child- wife seeking divorce
my husband who was living with me in my parents home has taken away my 4 year old daughter while i was in Delhi for my exam of judiciary on 10th June 2013. Our relationship is not good and i came to my parents home because of that but he too accompanied me. My parents were helping him in every possible way. when he felt that i will not agree to be with him, he slowly planned and when I was away and my mother was alone,he took away the child. Kindly tell me the way out so that very first I can get my child's custody. I cannot live with this man anymore but i am worried about my child.
You can file a writ petition seeking a writ in the nature of habeas corpus from the High Court and gain immediate custody of your daughter. Since you are still his wife you may seek necessary protection for yourself and your daughter under the Domestic Violence Act.
This way he will be restrained from interfering in your lives and from taking away your daughter ever again without acknowledgment. If marriage has been consummated then you can't seek annulment. It is possible only by way regular divorce u/s 13 of Hindu Marriage Act or mutual consent u/s 13 B, provided he is also willing to go on his way. Both the parties should have stayed separately for at least one year to move such a petition.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife took my child without my permission what action can I take
- What is the procedure to file for visitation right to meet daughter?
- Took loan gave house as grantee how to protect my house
- Consumer Complaint for not giving the benefits.
- Mother made will for property which was paid by me