quesHusband threates divorce against my consent after cruel treatment

I married last jan 2014.few days after both in-laws and husband started cruelty on me including physical torture.now I am with my parents He has affair with his colleague. He now files divorce and decided to go UK with that girl What to do now,l am strongly against divorce. Please advise.

• ansThis question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansWell unfortunately it is obvious that your husband wants a divorce and has actions are totally in consonance with that but if you still want to try you can file an Application for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansYour husband cannot take divorce without your consent. You need to contest the divorce case, and also ask for maintenance. You should also file complaint against your husband for meting out cruelties.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansThank you for your query
    It's indeed very sad
    Would suggest you to somehow go and stay at his house as its your right to do so
    You can then call 100 if they do anything
    If he hasn't filed divorce you file it first on ground of cruelty where you can allege him having relations with another woman
    You can also file domestic violence and take protection orders
    In this way you can stay at their home and fight out
    If you don't file divorce just file domestic violence
    That should set them right

Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

Delhi High Court, Delhi