Husband threates divorce against my consent after cruel treatment
I married last jan 2014.few days after both in-laws and husband started cruelty on me including physical torture.now I am with my parents He has affair with his colleague. He now files divorce and decided to go UK with that girl What to do now,l am strongly against divorce. Please advise.
This question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.
Well unfortunately it is obvious that your husband wants a divorce and has actions are totally in consonance with that but if you still want to try you can file an Application for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Your husband cannot take divorce without your consent. You need to contest the divorce case, and also ask for maintenance. You should also file complaint against your husband for meting out cruelties.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Thank you for your query
It's indeed very sad
Would suggest you to somehow go and stay at his house as its your right to do so
You can then call 100 if they do anything
If he hasn't filed divorce you file it first on ground of cruelty where you can allege him having relations with another woman
You can also file domestic violence and take protection orders
In this way you can stay at their home and fight out
If you don't file divorce just file domestic violence
That should set them right
Advocate Amitesh Singh BakshiDelhi High Court, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Encroachment by erecting shed in front of house and on public land
- Selected in police job but criminal case pending
- Got suspended on a complaint done by female employee
- Procedures related to cheque bounce case, please advise
- not getting occupancy certificate when can i apply