quesHusband threates divorce against my consent after cruel treatment

I married last jan 2014.few days after both in-laws and husband started cruelty on me including physical torture.now I am with my parents He has affair with his colleague. He now files divorce and decided to go UK with that girl What to do now,l am strongly against divorce. Please advise.

  • ans

    This question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.

  • ansWell unfortunately it is obvious that your husband wants a divorce and has actions are totally in consonance with that but if you still want to try you can file an Application for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansYour husband cannot take divorce without your consent. You need to contest the divorce case, and also ask for maintenance. You should also file complaint against your husband for meting out cruelties.

    Advocate Shikha Pandey

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • ansThank you for your query
    It's indeed very sad
    Would suggest you to somehow go and stay at his house as its your right to do so
    You can then call 100 if they do anything
    If he hasn't filed divorce you file it first on ground of cruelty where you can allege him having relations with another woman
    You can also file domestic violence and take protection orders
    In this way you can stay at their home and fight out
    If you don't file divorce just file domestic violence
    That should set them right

    Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

      Delhi High Court, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am goverment servant... Married 3 years back.. Having one year old child... My wife…
I know a lady who is cheating on her husband and is in an extra…

I don't want to give divorce to my husband. We got married in 2009 and…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly