Husband threatening me not to claim for alimony
I left my husband's house 10 days after marriage due to huge compatibility issues. We initially never got time to know each other and now we want to part ways. It is impossible to stay together. He threatens me every now and then. He was not ready to give me a divorce but soon he agreed. Later when the paperwork started he started threatening me not to claim any maintenance amount. I want to get rid of him. Is there any way things could turn into my favor in court?
If both of you have agreed for a divorce by mutual consent then a joint petition can be filed without mentioning any allegation by either party. You can engage only 1 lawyer to do the same.
During the paperwork you can claim and settle for alimony and your streedhan i.e. jewellery etc.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do we need legal heir certificate in case of a Will
- Received show cause notice for not submitting report on time
- My husband is having affair with a lady who is working in same office
- Want loan against property in name of grandfather how to transfer it
- If builder refuse to pay amount for the flat back what to do