×

quesHusband threatening me not to claim for alimony

I left my husband's house 10 days after marriage due to huge compatibility issues. We initially never got time to know each other and now we want to part ways. It is impossible to stay together. He threatens me every now and then. He was not ready to give me a divorce but soon he agreed. Later when the paperwork started he started threatening me not to claim any maintenance amount. I want to get rid of him. Is there any way things could turn into my favor in court?

• ansIf both of you have agreed for a divorce by mutual consent then a joint petition can be filed without mentioning any allegation by either party. You can engage only 1 lawyer to do the same.

During the paperwork you can claim and settle for alimony and your streedhan i.e. jewellery etc.