quesHusband threatening me not to claim for alimony

I left my husband's house 10 days after marriage due to huge compatibility issues. We initially never got time to know each other and now we want to part ways. It is impossible to stay together. He threatens me every now and then. He was not ready to give me a divorce but soon he agreed. Later when the paperwork started he started threatening me not to claim any maintenance amount. I want to get rid of him. Is there any way things could turn into my favor in court?

  • ansIf both of you have agreed for a divorce by mutual consent then a joint petition can be filed without mentioning any allegation by either party. You can engage only 1 lawyer to do the same.

    During the paperwork you can claim and settle for alimony and your streedhan i.e. jewellery etc.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to know that can i apply online for complaining about domestic violance agaist…
i have married on 2006. how we have 8 yeas old child ( Boy). i…

Wife started having issues adjusting after 20- 25 days of marriage. Left home in 2015…

I have a question that what if after marriage you come to know…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly