Husband threatening me not to claim for alimony
I left my husband's house 10 days after marriage due to huge compatibility issues. We initially never got time to know each other and now we want to part ways. It is impossible to stay together. He threatens me every now and then. He was not ready to give me a divorce but soon he agreed. Later when the paperwork started he started threatening me not to claim any maintenance amount. I want to get rid of him. Is there any way things could turn into my favor in court?
If both of you have agreed for a divorce by mutual consent then a joint petition can be filed without mentioning any allegation by either party. You can engage only 1 lawyer to do the same.
During the paperwork you can claim and settle for alimony and your streedhan i.e. jewellery etc.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Complaint to mahila aayog not helpful. How to get in laws punished?
- Share of jointly owned flat after divorce.
- spelling mistake In surname in 10 and graduation marksheet
- Regarding punishment or acquittal of the convicts from the court
- Jewel theft in Bus and FIR filed no action taken till date what to do