quesHusband stopped maintenance. Next date after 3 months. What to do?

My husband is presently residing in US, he has filed a divorce case in delhi. Earlier he was paying me monthly maintenance. Now suddenly he has stopped it. Now since the next date of my case 3 months later. My lawyer is telling me he will bring this into notice of court on the date of hearing. But as i am a housewife how can i survive with no money. What should i do now? Do i have to wait for 3 months.

Your lawyer is advising you rightly, the same needs to be brought before the court. However you don't have to wait for 3 months, your advocate can move an application and bring the facts on record. Further in application he can also cite the reason for urgency.

• ansYour lawyer is advising you rightly, the same needs to be brought before the court . However you don't have to wait for 3 months, your advocate can move an application and bring the facts on record. Further in application he can also cite the reason for urgency.

• ansyou can file the execution proceedings in the same court and take the warrant against him,the court will first issue first notice you have to serve it if he does not appear ,take warrant of arrest ,you have to file the execution if the amount of maintenance is pending since 2 or 3 months ,for month pending the court will not entertain the petition.Take short date of the petition before the next date he will start depositing the maintenance.If he is working in government service you can attach the salary with your amount of maintenance.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansExecution Petition needs to be filed.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi