Husband stopped maintenance. Next date after 3 months. What to do?
My husband is presently residing in US, he has filed a divorce case in delhi. Earlier he was paying me monthly maintenance. Now suddenly he has stopped it. Now since the next date of my case 3 months later. My lawyer is telling me he will bring this into notice of court on the date of hearing. But as i am a housewife how can i survive with no money. What should i do now? Do i have to wait for 3 months.
Your lawyer is advising you rightly, the same needs to be brought before the court. However you don't have to wait for 3 months, your advocate can move an application and bring the facts on record. Further in application he can also cite the reason for urgency.
Your lawyer is advising you rightly, the same needs to be brought before the court . However you don't have to wait for 3 months, your advocate can move an application and bring the facts on record. Further in application he can also cite the reason for urgency.
Advocate Sudershani RayKailash Hills, Delhi
you can file the execution proceedings in the same court and take the warrant against him,the court will first issue first notice you have to serve it if he does not appear ,take warrant of arrest ,you have to file the execution if the amount of maintenance is pending since 2 or 3 months ,for month pending the court will not entertain the petition.Take short date of the petition before the next date he will start depositing the maintenance.If he is working in government service you can attach the salary with your amount of maintenance.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
Execution Petition needs to be filed.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Court ordered to deposit Rs 25 lakhs as alimony I am unable to pay
- Want housing loan for a property what all documents are required
- what are the rights of landlord when tenant refuses to vacate premises
- Can child have surname of mother after parent's divorce
- DD issued by a person who later dies another person claiming that DD.