husband refusing to give maintenance to working wife
I want to get divorce from my wife. We have been married for 7 years now and we do not have a child. She is earning a living by working and can support herself. Still she is asking for maintenance. How can i avoid that. Please also advice me on that.
Under Hindu Marriage Act or Under Cr. P.C Section 125 wife cannot be entitled to an interim or permanent maintenance if she is a working lady. The provisions under the Act are to ensure the wife does not live a life of destitute; she has to have a respectable income to support herself. Therefore, in case if she is a working lady then please ensure the following, Collect documentary evidences like bank details, place of work etc., which proves that she is a working lady; Alternatively, under Hindu Marriage Act, a husband can also demand for maintenance; Before approaching a lawyer in Delhi, please have all the evidences beforehand wherein she is earning so that you may avoid maintenance; You MUST attach all the documentary proofs/evidences of her earnings to avoid maintenance.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can my father transfer property to one of the siblings only
- Regularization of contract employee
- Distribution of property according to the will in parsi zoroastrians
- Rights of parties in succession property
- How to remove brother's name from property if papers with bank