quesHusband not wiling to divorce.I want to marry other boy

My husband is harassing me mentally. He is not ready to divorce me. We don't even have any physical relation since my baby was born around couple of years back. I love a different person and want to marry him. But my husband is very cruel. I am afraid of getting my lover harmed. Please suggest how can I take divorce and marry my lover?

  • ansDissolution of marriage is most convenient if both of agree for mutual consent divorce in which circumstances it does not take more than 6 months.

    So convince your husband to do so. If he does not agree then you have to file suit for contested divorce.

    As far as harassment and torture to you is concerned , you are free to file case under section 498A of Indian Penal Code and under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have been married for 5 years and currently I am 4 months pregnant. My…

Want to know whole process of divorce
Poonam, Hindu I have lodged a divorce petition in Jan 2016 till date no progress…
From last two years my wife was having a love afiar with her old school…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly