quesHusband not ready to pay alimony

I got married in 2006 and I have a baby boy. My husband left me at my mother's place for my recovery after the baby and promised me to take back after 15 days. My husband's family members don't want my husband and me to live happily because the step brother in law has an eye on his father in law's property. When I wanted to go home, my husband and his mom and dad disappeared suddenly without informing.

I lodged a complaint in the police station and then he came back after 2 months and since that day he's been telling me he doesn't want to live with me and wants a divorce. He now tells me that he has been disowned by his father and he cannot give me alimony while he has many properties and money and a huge business of dealership. Please advise me,

  • ansYour right to get maintenance and alimony is absolute and does not depend upon your in-laws disowning your husband. You may file an application to obtain maintenance and compensation from your husband for you as well as your son.

    In addition to this, your son's right in the ancestral property of his father sustains. Hence, your son cannot be ousted of his right in the ancestral property simply by his father getting disowned. So, the right course of action for you is to file appropriate applications under the above mentioned Acts and start getting maintenance.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My cousin sister has been divorced from husband and court HD ordered to pay monthly…

Its been 4 years since i married and have not conceived yet. My in laws…

I m Mmeet Verma frm Ahmedbad. I m Hindu, I m 43 yrs and married…

My nephew’s marriage was not registered under the special marriage act. My nephew is a…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly