Husband not pay maintenance amount after completion of divorce.
Me and my husband got divorce through mutual consent. In the terms of divorce the maintenance amount mentioned was around 30 lacs lump sum. Thereafter being unable to pay the lump sum he agreed for monthly. Now he is not paying the monthly maintenance or any money. What can i do now? Where can i complain?
If the maintenance amount of Rs. 30 Lakh toward one time settlement was mentioned in the judgement drawn on decree of divorce by the court, you may sue him for contempt of court and also can seek compensation as well as the balance amount. If the settlement amount was not part of judgement, then you may file a separate maintenance case under section 125 of cr.p.c. or for alimony and one time settlement under section 25 of Hindu marriage act.
If he has not complied with the condition of MCD judgement, you can prefer an appeal also against the verdict.
Advocate T KalaiselvanKosapet, Vellore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the period for divorce procedure completion?
- What rights do I have in joint property in case of divorce
- Do I hold the copyright of work I did if no contract was signed?
- Can I build my own house on land owned by many including me
- Group of people attacked us police not taking complaint