quesHusband not pay maintenance amount after completion of divorce.

Me and my husband got divorce through mutual consent. In the terms of divorce the maintenance amount mentioned was around 30 lacs lump sum. Thereafter being unable to pay the lump sum he agreed for monthly. Now he is not paying the monthly maintenance or any money. What can i do now? Where can i complain?

  • ansIf the maintenance amount of Rs. 30 Lakh toward one time settlement was mentioned in the judgement drawn on decree of divorce by the court, you may sue him for contempt of court and also can seek compensation as well as the balance amount. If the settlement amount was not part of judgement, then you may file a separate maintenance case under section 125 of cr.p.c. or for alimony and one time settlement under section 25 of Hindu marriage act.
    If he has not complied with the condition of MCD judgement, you can prefer an appeal also against the verdict.

    Advocate T Kalaiselvan

      Kosapet, Vellore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

1. A man has married again while divorce still not declared with the first wife.while…

I am being harassed by my wife, she has filed false 376 case on me.…

i along with my wife including one child was living separately in rented house since…

hi, my wife dont want to stay with me and threating me that if i…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly