quesHusband ignoring me and children. What can I do in such situation?

i have been married from past 6 yrs now ad have a 2 month old girl child as well. Due to the torture of my husband and his family member i couldn't lead a happy married life.

I left my husband due to his regular torture and , i couldn't tolerate his physical abuse on me as i was carrying my child of 7 months in my womb. And he didn't even cum to see our child on the delivery day in-spite of us informing him.

I want to get rid of him legally and i want maintenance as well. What can i do in such situation?

  • ans

    We recommend that you file a police complaint against your husband and your in laws under sec 498A IPC at the earliest.

    You should file a complaint of domestic violence at the Women’s Cell. 

    We recommend you file for divorce on the ground of cruelty- both physical and mental.

    You should also ask for monthly maintenance for yourself and your child by filling case under sec 125 of Criminal Procedure Code.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

M rohit from jaipur..shadi ko ek sal hone wala h..or 6manth se m famly se…
I got married in 18. 04.2016,hindu, after marriage i came to know about bad habits…
 My divorce was grant on sep 2016 & my wife say in affidavit return all…
Hello, I am based in Mysore, Karnataka. and i'm looking to get a friend divorced,…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly