quesHusband having illicit relationship beats me

My husband has illicit relationship and when i tell him to leave that woman he beats me and abuses me verbally and physically. He also threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint on May 14, 2014. I called up the police at my home and he threatened to kill me in front of the police. Both of us were taken to the local police station where after a discussion I stated that this is our personal matter and we need a week's time to think about it. Can i ask for a protection officer after this one week's time or the next time when they record my statement?

  • ansFile a complaint before the magistrate under the DV act and seek for a protection order against your husband. Seek a right to stay in the shared household or alternative accommodation. Seek maintenance for yourself. There was no harm in giving your husband the above mentioned time. If this abuse continues, you can record your husband's threats next time when he threatens you. It can be relied upon to substantiate your case in the relevant court.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

 Married 5 yrs, both employed. She is not mingling with my Mother and hating my…

What happens to the joint property in case of Divorce? I have been a victim…

We got married in the year 2013. It was not registered marriage. We led our…
My brother has been married for 11 months now and willbe completing one year on…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly