quesHusband having illicit relationship beats me

My husband has illicit relationship and when i tell him to leave that woman he beats me and abuses me verbally and physically. He also threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint on May 14, 2014. I called up the police at my home and he threatened to kill me in front of the police. Both of us were taken to the local police station where after a discussion I stated that this is our personal matter and we need a week's time to think about it. Can i ask for a protection officer after this one week's time or the next time when they record my statement?

• ansFile a complaint before the magistrate under the DV act and seek for a protection order against your husband. Seek a right to stay in the shared household or alternative accommodation. Seek maintenance for yourself. There was no harm in giving your husband the above mentioned time. If this abuse continues, you can record your husband's threats next time when he threatens you. It can be relied upon to substantiate your case in the relevant court.