Husband having illicit relationship beats me
My husband has illicit relationship and when i tell him to leave that woman he beats me and abuses me verbally and physically. He also threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint on May 14, 2014. I called up the police at my home and he threatened to kill me in front of the police. Both of us were taken to the local police station where after a discussion I stated that this is our personal matter and we need a week's time to think about it. Can i ask for a protection officer after this one week's time or the next time when they record my statement?
File a complaint before the magistrate under the DV act and seek for a protection order against your husband. Seek a right to stay in the shared household or alternative accommodation. Seek maintenance for yourself. There was no harm in giving your husband the above mentioned time. If this abuse continues, you can record your husband's threats next time when he threatens you. It can be relied upon to substantiate your case in the relevant court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Loan from a friend now unable to pay back what action can he take
- Divorce to be given by my wife
- Want start cab services for pick and drop for call centers.
- Took cheque from mother but didn't pay the third party.
- illegal recovery of exparty order passed by labour court in noida