Husband having illicit relationship beats me
My husband has illicit relationship and when i tell him to leave that woman he beats me and abuses me verbally and physically. He also threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint on May 14, 2014. I called up the police at my home and he threatened to kill me in front of the police. Both of us were taken to the local police station where after a discussion I stated that this is our personal matter and we need a week's time to think about it. Can i ask for a protection officer after this one week's time or the next time when they record my statement?
File a complaint before the magistrate under the DV act and seek for a protection order against your husband. Seek a right to stay in the shared household or alternative accommodation. Seek maintenance for yourself. There was no harm in giving your husband the above mentioned time. If this abuse continues, you can record your husband's threats next time when he threatens you. It can be relied upon to substantiate your case in the relevant court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- change name
- Loan taken from a person is dead. Two Groups are claiming the Money
- My interior designer took money but work is not done since 5 months
- Ancestral property division between brother & sisters
- Want stay in my matrimonial house how can I apply for that ?