Husband having extra marital affair. Does not give monthly expenditure
My husband has an extra marital affair for past 4 years. I have 2 daughters. I did love marriage. He doesn't give me monthly expenditure many times. He keeps telling me to leave. What are my rights? What can i do? I don't want to divorce him.
You can file for a maintenance petition under section 125 crpc for your own maintenance and maintenance of your children.
As per law your Husband is bound to maintain you and your children to they attain majority.
Please feel free to contact for further course of action.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
You can claim the maintainance from the husband for self as well as children by instituting a petion under section 125 CRPC and if you want to do any other thing with regard to the matrimonial dispute please have a meeting across the table in order to discuss the other moralities.
Advocate Rajan BhatiaDistrict Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi
Going by the brief facts of your case, you can claim maintenance for yourself and your daughters from your husband which is specifically provided under Section 18 of the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956, where in you are entitled to maintenance during your life time from your husband. Also, as your husband has asked you to leave your marital home and refused to give you monthly expenditure you have the option of filing a case of domestic violence against your husband under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
Apart from the above you can also file for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage act, 1955, if your husband has abandoned you and has started residing separately.
Advocate Kasturi SharmaKeshavpuram, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can we get access to terrace in a society
- Can my father write a Will without including any share for my wife?
- Wife threatening to file false case against me under 498.
- Registered Will in my name. Can any relative claim right in it?
- What action can be taken against the Tenant if he disappears ?