×

quesHusband filed Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act

My husband filed a case against me under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. He lives in Pune with his family while I live in Dalhousie. We've been staying separately for more than a year now. He never came to take me back from my parent's house. He has now filed a case in his hometown. I don't work and I have no money to cover the travelling expenses for this case. I want a divorce from him and I want the money that my parent's spent on the marriage back. What should I do?

• ansYou can immediately file a divorce suit in the court having jurisdiction over the area where you are residing. You should also file an application for maintenance and alimony simultaneously with your divorce suit.

After filing the aforesaid divorce suit, file an interim application in the pending suit for transfer of the case from the Pune Family Court to the Dalhousie Court where your suit has been filed. In the transfer application, state the grounds which you have stated regarding your hardship and financial difficulties in going to Pune to attend the case.

In all probabilities, the Pune Case may be transferred to the court in your hometown.