quesHusband filed Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act

My husband filed a case against me under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. He lives in Pune with his family while I live in Dalhousie. We've been staying separately for more than a year now. He never came to take me back from my parent's house. He has now filed a case in his hometown. I don't work and I have no money to cover the travelling expenses for this case. I want a divorce from him and I want the money that my parent's spent on the marriage back. What should I do?

  • ansYou can immediately file a divorce suit in the court having jurisdiction over the area where you are residing. You should also file an application for maintenance and alimony simultaneously with your divorce suit.

    After filing the aforesaid divorce suit, file an interim application in the pending suit for transfer of the case from the Pune Family Court to the Dalhousie Court where your suit has been filed. In the transfer application, state the grounds which you have stated regarding your hardship and financial difficulties in going to Pune to attend the case.

    In all probabilities, the Pune Case may be transferred to the court in your hometown.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a 25 years old lady. i am a central gov employee. before 3-4…
I have been living in USA for 4+ years, and my husband has been living…
How can I get divorce here. Our biggest worry is, if I initiate divorce from…

My wife is mentally sick and she is also not wiling to take medicines for…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly