Husband filed case under section 9 of Hindu marriage act. What is it?
My husband has filed section 9 against me. Please inform what is section 9 actually?
A petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act is a petition filed for restitution of conjugal rights when either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other.
In such a petition the aggreaved party can apply to the court seeking directions that the other party may be directed to return to the aggreaved party, and to reside and cohabit as husband or wife, as the case may be.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can withdraw money from account after father's death?
- What is the punishment if caught without proper permit
- Father transferred ancestral property share to step bro. How to claim?
- Execution of Foreign exparte divorce decree
- What documents and formalities are required for opening a news agency?