quesHusband doesn't wish to take responsibility of child. What remedy?

I am a divorcee and the single parent of my child. My ex husband doesn't want the child or take responsibilities.


What legal action can I take to make him take responsibility of the same?


  • ans


    To effectively answer your question, we would like to know a few facts, i.e., 


    (a) whether you had obtained divorce through mutual consent or a contested case and when; 


    (b) if the divorce was obtained through mutual consent, whether there was any settlement which was arrived at the time of mutual qua regarding the maintenance of the child; 


    (c) whether your ex-husband owns any property, and if so whether the same are self acquired or ancestral; 


    (d) what is your financial condition and how are you maintaining the child.


    Once your apprise us of these facts, we would be happy to guide you to ascertain and obtain what the child is legally entitled to.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married 4 months ago. My husband and in laws are ready for the…

I am Hindu.my mother in law trying to separate me and my husband.she said me…
Hello sir, i I have got marriage 22-4-2016 . my husband beat me after 3rd…
I'm married for almost 4 yrs now and i have 2yr old son. i'm doing…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly