quesHusband doesn't let me meet my kids. What can i do in such situation?

I was married in 1994 and have son of 20 yr old and a daughter of 18 yr old. My husband is working in a NGO and very disrespectful. I have been staying separate from him since 2005 due to job in mumbai. My husband is staying in tirupura since 2005 and doesn't allow to meet my kids. He quit his job and started blaming me for the same. I want divorce from him, what can i do as he doesn't allow my kids to meet them?

• ansYour husband cannot stop you to meet your kids, since the kids are major and they themselves can decide whom to meet, you legally cannot force them to meet you.

If you want to file a divorce you can get the divorce on the ground of irreparable breakdown of marriage. For meeting your kids call them and if they wish to meet you they can. You cannot get any orders from court to meet them since they are major.

• ansMadam, in order to divorce your husband you need to file a petition for divorce in the district Court having jurisdiction. The ground of divorce, amongst others, could be desertion. For meeting your children, since both are adults, they are free to make their own choices. I hope this satisfies your query

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansFor seeking Divorce, petition under HMA needs to be filed. Along with that u can have visitation rights by moving appropriate application

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

• ansYour husband cannot stop you to meet your kids ,since the kids are major and they themselves can decide whom to meet ,you legally cannot force them to meet you ,if you want to file a divorce you can get the divorce on the ground of irreparable breakdown of marriage.for meeting your kids call them and if they wish to meet you they can you cannot get any orders from court to meet them since they are major .

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi