quesHow to track status of case and summons? It's a maintenance petition.

My husband has not been sent summons from the court in a maintenance case filed by me even after 12 days have passed since the petition was filed. My lawyer said the summons would be sent in 3 to 4 days and is now not responding.


How do I track the status of my case and the summons as the petition was not filed in my presence.


Also, can I change my lawyer at this stage? If yes, how?


  • ans


    You need to go the concerned Court and meet the Ahlmad. He will be able to give you the status of the case as well as the summons.


    Yes you can change your lawyer at any stage. You can ask your current advocate to return all the documents related to the case to you and then you can engage another advocate. 


    You just need to figure out the advocate who deals in such matters and authorize him to represent you by way of a vakalatnama which shall be filed by your new advocate in the Court where your matter is pending.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Query is on behalf on my brother in-law , who have been married for 8…
My wife is a SLE patient.Which is not cureable but treatable.After 1 year of our…

What is the procedure for a Mutual Divorce? I have a marriage of 7 years…

Husband filed divorce on cruelty puts false allegations on me just to protect his father…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly