How to track status of case and summons? It's a maintenance petition.
My husband has not been sent summons from the court in a maintenance case filed by me even after 12 days have passed since the petition was filed. My lawyer said the summons would be sent in 3 to 4 days and is now not responding.
How do I track the status of my case and the summons as the petition was not filed in my presence.
Also, can I change my lawyer at this stage? If yes, how?
You need to go the concerned Court and meet the Ahlmad. He will be able to give you the status of the case as well as the summons.
Yes you can change your lawyer at any stage. You can ask your current advocate to return all the documents related to the case to you and then you can engage another advocate.
You just need to figure out the advocate who deals in such matters and authorize him to represent you by way of a vakalatnama which shall be filed by your new advocate in the Court where your matter is pending.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Default unable to pay my credit cards and personal loan
- Resident welfare association liable to paid as per minimum wages act
- not getting Salary as per 6th pay commission and ICAR rules what to do
- Can my wife force me to stay with her without my consent
- Illegal termination by MNC what can I do