How to take divorce with wife staying abroad
Wife left India for studies immediately after marriage and did not return since then she used to stay in touch by phone calls initially but slowly and gradually she ceased to have all conversations. It has been 6 years and she has not come back to remarry the husband wants to file divorce against her but he does not know where does she stay and her parents also don't know her details please advise how can he take divorce and on what grounds?
You have to file a divorce before the jurisdiction court and you have to state the address which is know to you i.e in India and abroad. Take the divorce or else you have to file civil suit stating that you haven't seen her for more than 7 years and she can be declared as a dead as civil death. Also lodge police complaint and make request in the U.S.A embassy.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can my brother get child custody if his wife does second marriage
- How to safeguard myself from freelancer who's asking advance for work?
- regarding loan and Agreement for Sale
- Can a we appear for govt exam if a criminal case is pending
- Case pending in court will I be disqualified for a government job