quesHow to take divorce with wife staying abroad

Wife left India for studies immediately after marriage and did not return since then she used to stay in touch by phone calls initially but slowly and gradually she ceased to have all conversations. It has been 6 years and she has not come back to remarry the husband wants to file divorce against her but he does not know where does she stay and her parents also don't know her details please advise how can he take divorce and on what grounds?

  • ansYou have to file a divorce before the jurisdiction court and you have to state the address which is know to you i.e in India and abroad. Take the divorce or else you have to file civil suit stating that you haven't seen her for more than 7 years and she can be declared as a dead as civil death. Also lodge police complaint and make request in the U.S.A embassy.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi sir, june 6 2016 got married and she left in the middle of road…
Problem: We have completed five years of marriage; I have a KID ; I am…
I have filed a Domestic Violence Case against My In Laws, They Asked me every…
I got married in 2016 feb i stayed with my husband in sister in law…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly