How to safeguard myself and family from false case, if i file divorce?
I want a Divorce but I need to safeguard myself and my family members in case my wife files 498 and Domestic Violence case after I file a Divorce case. I was a serving soldier employed in the Air Force for 5.5 years. I have been married for 4 years now. My wife abuses me not only verbally but our fights have gone physically violent as well.
I have the voice recordings of my wife of the mental torture I have faced because of her. I was concerned about my son and thus never filed a complaint. She is from a comparatively rich family. She uses abusive words & vulgar language in front of friends and family.
What do I do?
You are very much right in recording the conversation of your wife. Just follow the steps below-
You can follow the following 2 steps to safeguard yourself:
STEP - I: Safeguard yourself, your parents and your relatives and collect evidence:
This step basically involves recording your conversations with your wife. Just be polite and record all your conversations. This is essential as these recordings will help you prove the complaints she files against you as false and baseless. Try and record the threatening conversations wherein she is threatening you to file false complaints etc.
Basically, try and collect evidence that she is blackmailing you and physically as well as mentally torturing you.
STEP - II: Intimating / Complaining to the Police about the facts of your case:
You should intimate the nearest Police Station about the facts of your case in writing stating that your wife may file such false case against you and your family.
You can even write a complaint to your nearest Police Station, detailing about blackmailing, her false allegations and her unscrupulous behavior and request in your complaint to make her stop the threats and abuses immediately.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Not issuing relieving order even after 3 months of resignation.
- Wife in US. I am in delhi. Where can i file for divorce?
- Validity of policy if non- issuance of insurance policy
- Should i apply for divorce? For me my wife is not trust-worthy.
- Ancestral house maintained by me. can relatives ask their share ?