quesHow to remove false allegations made in divorce case and then divorce?

What should I do if my husband has sent me court summons for Divorce through an Advocate stating all false and wrong allegations against me? He has put dirty allegations like I come home late at night drunk and have wrong friends, etc. along with other false charges.


Do I need to appear on the date of the summon? I also want Divorce from my husband but after all these charges are proven wrong and removed.


How do I proceed in such a case?


  • ans


    Assuming you are a Hindu, your marriage will be governed by Hindu Marriage Act 1955. If you are also willing to divorce your husband then we always suggest our clients to file Divorce under Mutual Consent. The benefit of this is that you both can agree on the terms and conditions of the divorce and be divorced within 6 months to 1 year without any additional litigation expenses.


    However in your situation, your husband has already filed divorce petition, presuming under Section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act 1955. For the forgoing reason, you will have to speak to your husband and both of you have to agree to file a joint application under Section 13B of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 i.e Divorce by Mutual Consent.


    If your husband agrees for Divorce by Mutual consent then he will have to withdraw the application filed in the Court stating the above mentioned reason.


    But, if he does not agree for Divorce by Mutual Consent, in such situation we suggest you to defend your case and adduce necessary evidence in your defense.


    In respect to the court summon wherein you are required to be presented before the court, we suggest you to appear before the Court along with with your Advocate.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband lost everything in betting including his home and I am living in my dad's home…

I am a divorcee and the single parent of my child. My ex husband doesn't…

my wife has gone to Australia after marriage and she sent me message that she…
According to HMA, 2011 marriage date. Separately living - since 2012. in 2014 husband filed…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly