How to remove false allegations made in divorce case and then divorce?
What should I do if my husband has sent me court summons for Divorce through an Advocate stating all false and wrong allegations against me? He has put dirty allegations like I come home late at night drunk and have wrong friends, etc. along with other false charges.
Do I need to appear on the date of the summon? I also want Divorce from my husband but after all these charges are proven wrong and removed.
How do I proceed in such a case?
Assuming you are a Hindu, your marriage will be governed by Hindu Marriage Act 1955. If you are also willing to divorce your husband then we always suggest our clients to file Divorce under Mutual Consent. The benefit of this is that you both can agree on the terms and conditions of the divorce and be divorced within 6 months to 1 year without any additional litigation expenses.
However in your situation, your husband has already filed divorce petition, presuming under Section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act 1955. For the forgoing reason, you will have to speak to your husband and both of you have to agree to file a joint application under Section 13B of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 i.e Divorce by Mutual Consent.
If your husband agrees for Divorce by Mutual consent then he will have to withdraw the application filed in the Court stating the above mentioned reason.
But, if he does not agree for Divorce by Mutual Consent, in such situation we suggest you to defend your case and adduce necessary evidence in your defense.
In respect to the court summon wherein you are required to be presented before the court, we suggest you to appear before the Court along with with your Advocate.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- About grand daughter rights in her grandmother property
- Can builder ask for extra money which is not mentioned in agreement
- Intimidation to commit suicide. What should i do?
- What is the procedure to get caste certificate
- Rules and regulations regarding Exhumation of a body