How to remarry when wife is not willing to divorce me?
My wife left my house along with our 2 kids after 13 years of marriage. Neither she is giving me a divorce nor is she ready to come back. I suffered a lot in the last 13 years and she is harassing me again. I also don't want to continue this relationalship with her anymore.
My question is can I marry again with a Muslim name after filing for a divorce with my wife.
File a case under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of desertion and cruelty. However, it is a contested divorce and will take a long time.
We suggest you to go for Mutual Consent divorce, wherein you will have to settle the terms before the divorce and file a joint Mutual Consent Divorce Petition under Section 13 B of the Hindu Marriage Act.
This proceeding will take 6 to 8 months for the divorce to happen.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Legal recourse against 498A
- marriage divorce case filed by wife, exceptional case related to child
- Commercial use of residence builder is it allowed
- Received notice for using goodwill of firm after dissolution
- how to initiate proceedings against threats made for extorting money