×

quesHow to proceed in case of contested divorce

My husband is not ready for divorce and my family is not allowing me to take divorce not one is ready to listen me. Its been 3years we are not together but still no one is ready get divorce. I want to apply for divorce how can i do that im the only one no is supporting me. Please help.

• ansHi
    Since you both are not leading a marital life and have been physically separated from each other for more than 3 years, you can file a divorce petition on the grounds of irretrievable break down of marriage.
    No one can force another person to forcefully lead a marital life if the marriage has irretrievably broken down.
    you can file a divorce petition either at a place where marriage was solemnized or at the place where you are residing currently.

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansMadam,
    Particulars are insufficient. Why do you opt for divorce. What is the reason. Courts are there to cooperate both to live together. If reason for separation is strong court will grant you divorce. You must take legal assistance by engaging an expert advocate in dealing family cases.

Advocate Sistla Rama Krishna

Ramakrishnapuram, Vijayawada

• ansAs per your query it is clear that your husband is not ready for Divorce. You said you both were living separately for the past 3 years. You did not state whether there are any chances of re union. You can approach the conerned court and apply for divorce. You approach an Advocate.

Advocate Dwara Pallavi

Jampeta, Rajahmundry