How to initiate mutual divorce proceedings? How much time required?
What is the process and time for mutual Divorce? How do I initiate the process for this?
Details of Divorce by Mutual Consent:
Section 13B states that the parties can jointly move a petition for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce in the District Court on the ground that they have been living separately for a period of one year or more, that they have not been able to live together and that they have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved.
The Court shall then record the joint statement of the Parties and pass a First Motion Order giving time of 6 month to the parties to resolve their dispute, however in case the parties are unable to resolve the issues within the stipulated time, the Court shall pass a decree of Divorce.
You may initiate the process of Mutual Divorce by reaching out to a Lawyer who will file the petition on your behalf.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Purchased product online. Product defective. No response.
- Can i also file for divorce if husband already filed a divorce case?
- What action can be taken in case of Neighbouring tenants nuisance
- Uncle sold grandfathers property before partition what can we do
- Illegal Possession of my property after father's demise. What to do?