×

quesHow to get wife to start living with me again? She wants change in me.

I and my wife got married on the 9th December 2012. We eloped. Now my wife is living with her Grand father and she says that she wants to see improvement in me. Also she says that she will not call me and neither she will support me emotionally or by any means.

I really love her and we have been in a 10 years relationship. I don't want to be separated and want to live with her and will never trouble her. We have done certain mistakes but this is not the solution.

What can I do?

Firstly, we would suggest that you both go and visit a marriage counselor, however if the things do not seem to improve even after that, then the option available to you is filing a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. 

Section 9 has been reproduced below for better understanding: 

Restitution of conjugal rights.-

When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.