How to get my wife back as she is staying with her mother right now?
My wife left me within 1 year of marriage. For the past 5 months she is staying with her mother. I wish to get her back, how can i do that? What if she files false cases in revenge?
Assuming you are Hindus,
you can file a petition of restitution of conjugal rights in the concerned district court.
Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:
Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
If she files false cases against you, you have to contest the same on merits.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is widow liable to pay back husband's dues being involved unknowingly
- No common parking in commercial building
- Rental advance - regarding
- Someone using my company name and number for some fraud scheme.
- Remedy to stop the dragging of criminal case under section 506,509