queshow to defend a wrong affidavit given in divorce case

My divorce case with my husband is under process in the court for last three years. Around two years back a gave an affidavit of my unemployment to claim maintenance allowance. After giving this affidavit I soon found a job and started working. Now my husband has filed a criminal case against me for filing a wrong affidavit. How should I defend?

• ansAs you said, when you filed the affidavit you were unemployed, but later you got employment and you started working. Since this is a subsequent development, i.e. after you filed the affidavit, you may file a fresh affidavit bringing this fact on record before the family court. The full facts can be narrated to the police/magistrate as the case may be so that you are discharged of the criminal case. In such circumstances no case of perjury can be made out against you if the facts stated by you are true.