queshow to defend a wrong affidavit given in divorce case

My divorce case with my husband is under process in the court for last three years. Around two years back a gave an affidavit of my unemployment to claim maintenance allowance. After giving this affidavit I soon found a job and started working. Now my husband has filed a criminal case against me for filing a wrong affidavit. How should I defend?

  • ansAs you said, when you filed the affidavit you were unemployed, but later you got employment and you started working. Since this is a subsequent development, i.e. after you filed the affidavit, you may file a fresh affidavit bringing this fact on record before the family court. The full facts can be narrated to the police/magistrate as the case may be so that you are discharged of the criminal case. In such circumstances no case of perjury can be made out against you if the facts stated by you are true.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am Hindu .I am contesting divorce case since 2014 filed by husband under HMA…
my daughter keerthana got married 2012.she works in it company.after 8 months she conceived.her husband…
One of my best male friends got married two year back. after marriage he found…
Hw to transfer case from jorhat to bangalore.

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly