how to defend a wrong affidavit given in divorce case
My divorce case with my husband is under process in the court for last three years. Around two years back a gave an affidavit of my unemployment to claim maintenance allowance. After giving this affidavit I soon found a job and started working. Now my husband has filed a criminal case against me for filing a wrong affidavit. How should I defend?
As you said, when you filed the affidavit you were unemployed, but later you got employment and you started working. Since this is a subsequent development, i.e. after you filed the affidavit, you may file a fresh affidavit bringing this fact on record before the family court. The full facts can be narrated to the police/magistrate as the case may be so that you are discharged of the criminal case. In such circumstances no case of perjury can be made out against you if the facts stated by you are true.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Married in Jan 2015. What is the procedure if i want to divorce wife?
- Claim of prperty which was given to my uncle by my grand father
- Rules for general candidate who are not economical stable
- Salary received through cheque but cheque bounced
- Father took loan now people are harassing and threatening him