×

quesHow to avoid reconciliation sessions of mutual divorce?

I want to avoid the councellation process required during a mutual consent divorce. I have been asked to appear in four reconcelling seatings during the six month period required to wait for finalizing the divorce. Both of us just want to get the process done with as quickly as possible.

You can simply move an application wherein you can request the court that you do not intend to participate in the the reconciliation settlement. 

• ansDear,

Please clarify that where your divorce is pending so that we help you to move it on the faster track by avoiding all these mediation process.

Please take an appointment and convey the date of next hearing so we may help you out.
    Thanks

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi

• ansYou can apply for a decree of divorce through mutual consent for which you need to file a separate petition. Reconciliation proceedings are often advised by the court to explore all possibilities of a settlement between the parties.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

• ansYou both tell the counsellor that you have decided and will not change the decision and she will make her report and submit it to court and fix the matter for second motion. No one can force you for counselling. You both cant mend your strained relationship is all you need to tell them.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi