quesHow many appearances required in court to get mutual divorce?

How many times will I have to visit the court during a mutual consent divorce. I want to avoid the councelling if that is possible.

You have to visit the court on two occasions i.e First Motion and Second Motion.

You can simply mention in joint petition that efforts of reconciliation was made by family and friends , however same failed and hence due to temperamental issues you intend to dissolve your marriage

• ansyou would have to go to the court only twice (minimum) in six months. If the judge refers you to mediation you can refuse. If at all you are referred to mediation, you can tell the counselor that you both don't want to reconcile.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansSir/Madam, in Delhi the parties are able to obtain a decree of divorce through a mutual consent petition after 2 visits normally. The parties also do not go through counselling except where the court feels there is a real possibility of reconciliation

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi