How many appearances required in court to get mutual divorce?
How many times will I have to visit the court during a mutual consent divorce. I want to avoid the councelling if that is possible.
You have to visit the court on two occasions i.e First Motion and Second Motion.
You can simply mention in joint petition that efforts of reconciliation was made by family and friends , however same failed and hence due to temperamental issues you intend to dissolve your marriage
you would have to go to the court only twice (minimum) in six months. If the judge refers you to mediation you can refuse. If at all you are referred to mediation, you can tell the counselor that you both don't want to reconcile.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Sir/Madam, in Delhi the parties are able to obtain a decree of divorce through a mutual consent petition after 2 visits normally. The parties also do not go through counselling except where the court feels there is a real possibility of reconciliation
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can mother gift her self acquired property
- Want to know right of tenant under pagdi system
- Divorce case filed before the 498A filed on us. What consequences?
- Legal documents required to purchase a plot in Pune
- Company not providing revealing letter what action can we take