How long can a divorce case be pending in court
If my divorce case is pending for more than a year & if my wife refuse to give me divorce then what will be the solution? How long can a divorce case be pending at court?
If your wife refuses to give you divorce by mutual consent then in such a the case will proceed on merits. Your wife has to file her written statement and then the issues will be framed by court. Then you have to lead evidence in support of your case. Then you will be cross examined by your wife's advocate. After you close your case your wife may lead evidence. then Cross examaination by your advocate will happen. Case will be placed on baord for arguments and finally the judgement will be awarded. it may take anywhere between 1 to 5 years on a average for the case to be concluded.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how can we quash a FIR?
- Claim of legal heirs in bank accounts where no nominee mentioned
- Took loan from landlord he locked the house without notice
- Buyer delaying payment of rest of the amount by filing baseless cases.
- Can I litigate for selling me a defective product