How long can a divorce case be pending in court
If my divorce case is pending for more than a year & if my wife refuse to give me divorce then what will be the solution? How long can a divorce case be pending at court?
If your wife refuses to give you divorce by mutual consent then in such a the case will proceed on merits. Your wife has to file her written statement and then the issues will be framed by court. Then you have to lead evidence in support of your case. Then you will be cross examined by your wife's advocate. After you close your case your wife may lead evidence. then Cross examaination by your advocate will happen. Case will be placed on baord for arguments and finally the judgement will be awarded. it may take anywhere between 1 to 5 years on a average for the case to be concluded.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to file cheating case against an absconding person
- How to file a case against the state in case of negligence
- Land property transfer or registration
- My parents are being harassed by uncle and aunt what can I do
- What is the Validity of agreement signed but not yet registered?