×

quesHow long can a divorce case be pending in court

If my divorce case is pending for more than a year & if my wife refuse to give me divorce then what will be the solution? How long can a divorce case be pending at court?

• ansIf your wife refuses to give you divorce by mutual consent then in such a the case will proceed on merits. Your wife has to file her written statement and then the issues will be framed by court. Then you have to lead evidence in support of your case. Then you will be cross examined by your wife's advocate. After you close your case your wife may lead evidence. then Cross examaination by your advocate will happen. Case will be placed on baord for arguments and finally the judgement will be awarded. it may take anywhere between 1 to 5 years on a average for the case to be concluded.