queshow is alimony calculated

How do we calculate alimony? Wife filed for divorce on ground of physical and mental cruelty. I stayed with her for 4 months. My age is 33 and her age 30. We have no child. divorce case was filed on 8th month that is after 6 month of marriage on ground of cruelty and desertion. She filed numbers on false cases after 10 months from the date filing of divorce. I am a govt servant. If divorce granted in my favour what are things taken to be in consideration for deciding alimony?

• ansYou cannot file for divorce until expiry of one year of your marriage except in exceptional circumstances. It is better you convert the existing petition of divorce into petition for divorce by mutual consent.

It's advisable to file divorce case with mutual consent but in the case of cruelty case can proceed. Whereas, maintenance depends on amounts in proportion to husband's income and status while wives if employed and according to her status may get less maintenance or if capable even very less amount of maintenance.