quesHow Do I file for divorce?

How do I file for divorce? Need advice on procedure.

• ansPlease clarify you want to file by mutual concent or anything else...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Advocate Vikas Nain

Delhi High Court, Delhi

• ansYou can filed divorce petition under Hindu Marriage Act,1955 on various grounds.The divorce can be filed on ground of adultery,incurable unsound mind,void marriage etc.Divorce by mutual cnsent can also be filed if the parties mutually agree.The petition is to filed in family court.

• ansDear Querist
    There are two types of divorces, mutual and contested. Mutual divorce means a divorce by mutual consent of both husband and wife and in a contested divorce, either party files a divorce petition and the other one contests/opposes it. This is a detailed procedure. In most cases it takes years to resolve this type of a divorce. You need to decide what recourse you need to take. Consult a lawyer and get details at length.

Advocate Mudita Sharda

Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi

• ansDear Sir /Madam,

The procedure is different in different types of divorce, it can be contested or mutual consent better would be discuss and then proceed. Ideally the best divorce is burial consent divorce in which both parties are ready

Feel free to contact

Advocate Sonia Saini

• ansHello , you and your husband have to file a petition of divorce on mutual consent together alongwith affidavits . both of your statement s will be recorded in the court . then after 6 months a second petition will be filed and then simillary both of your statements will be recorded again n then ur divorce will be final .