How can we speed up our pending divorce proceedings?
I would like to know that within how much time the divorce process would end and would I be getting my due alimony? Is there something I need to do about getting it done fast and quick? It has been more than 4 years now.
Expert Legal Advice:
There is no time line to get the Divorce petition settled as the process of Divorce depends upon the ground taken in your petition and needs to be proved by the petitioner, which is a lengthy procedure. Also, without the final settlement, the alimony will not be released or ordered by the Hon'ble Court.
You can always curtail down the process by getting the same converted into Divorce by mutual consent and once converted, it will be settled in Six months period.
For more details kindly provide us with the complete status of your case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can i be denied a job if i declare pending case in attestation forms
- clarity on property share of son from second wife
- If property purchased by join mutual funds does grandson have share
- Can single release deed be prepared by two or more sisters
- Invested money in a firm now want to withdraw my name