How can i claim share in in-laws property? Husband staying separate.
My husband and me are staying separate for 9 years. Maintenance case was filed but is was decided ex parte. A case under 498A was alos filed but i dont know the status of the same. My husband's earning is not stable. But there is one thing i know that my in-laws have property in calcutta and delhi. I have a son who is 9 years old. I wanted to know can i claim share in that property? and How?
Assuming you are Hindus,
As per the Indian laws,
you cannot claim share in your husband's parents property.
But, if the property of your husband's parents is ancestral and not self acquired then you son has a share in the property and the same can be demanded by filing a partition suit in the concerned civil court.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- cancelling engagement and not ready to get married
- Can we divide a RTC property.
- Suffering from mental and physical torture. What step should i take?
- Salary Provision available in labor law for wrongful termination
- Do we need to take permission from state for starting home delivery