quesHow can I apply for divorce from my husband?

I want a divorce from my husband. Please help me, advise me.

• ansA divorce can be attained by way of mutual consent or by filing petition on various grounds under marriage law. Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:

Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.

Please give details of marriage, Issues in Brief, Status of Parties, Children if any, any other detail that you might deem relevant to give proper advice.