How can I apply for divorce from my husband?
I want a divorce from my husband. Please help me, advise me.
A divorce can be attained by way of mutual consent or by filing petition on various grounds under marriage law. Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:
Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.
Please give details of marriage, Issues in Brief, Status of Parties, Children if any, any other detail that you might deem relevant to give proper advice.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get ITR statement of husband in court
- How can i get my fathers name changed in my birth certificate.
- Builder declared bankrupt how can we claim our money back
- Landlord cheated me with respect to the property's leakage problem.
- Can a person be adopted if elder than the person who is adopting