Hindu marriage before divorce
Can a Hindu marry twice? If he doesn't take a divorce?
The second marriage would be void. In the proceedings to declare the marriage as null and void, the second wife shall be entitled to alimony.
Criminal proceedings can also be launched against the husband by the first wife. A child conceived from the second marriage shall have all inheritance rights.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- insurance company absolved from paying damages
- Wife's family did not reveal the mental illness how to proceed divorce
- what are shares of wife, child and parents in Motor accident death
- Liability if there is water leakage from upper floor
- Ancestral property division between brother & sisters