Got divorced 4 years back. Can we cancel our divorce?
My husband took divorce from me 4 years back and got married to some other girl then. Now his second wife is not staying with him. They are divorced. Is it possible that my divorce get cancelled in court and I become his wife again without remarrying?
The procedure of obtaining divorce and getting re-married is separate in Hindu and Muslim personal laws. However, there is no such thing as cancellation of divorce.
In case you wish to get together with your ex-husband, you will need to re-marry. And that procedure is also different in both Hindu and Muslim laws.
Hence, in order to further assist you we need to know your religion so as to find out under which personal laws you are governed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- land and property complications due to lack of clarity in Will
- What action can be taken for if husband abandons wife
- What right does a son have in fathers property after his death
- Got admission in science stream with fake marksheet.
- Company in loss, in need of loan to pay debts.